I mean... Olivia Dean... if you know what I mean

I wanted to start with a concert that changed the way I love. 




Olivia Dean during her concert.

The concert I'm referring to is Olivia Dean. She became one of the most influential artists of this generation and really makes great music. Almost like transporting into the Bossa Nova/Nancy Sinatra days....

One of her hit songs was 'Man I Need'. And I remember just casually walking and the song plays. There were a few girls who sang that song, and that's how I know it was going to be big. 

Not to mention the amount of Instagram viewers who repeatedly played that song, either getting ready to go somewhere (i.e. Work, School, a picnic in the park, (lol) or even at an Olivia Dean concert).

I remember her from 2024, when I was at the gym on a elliptical, and listening to BBC Radio 1, the new music and Jack Saunders was introducing to her new song. She talked about how she created this song, and it was for the movie. She mentioned it was for 'Bridget Jones: Mad About The Boy'' soundtrack.

After she debuted the track, I started humming while working out. And I felt electric afterwards, it was if I hadn't listened to something so awe-struck in a long time. Very magical, the tune was clean, almost like walking into a cloud.

But that wasn't the time when I discovered her. 

Before that, I did listen to 'Dive' in 2024, and that song reached my 2024 Spotify Wrapped in thirty-first place. 

I remember wholeheartedly that the BBC Radio 1 playlist included her song, 'Dive' on par with another British artist, which I think should also receive the same amount of attention with is Holly Humberstone. When her song, 'Into Your Room' was also playlisted. 

Back then, I wanted both songs to play often, and oh boy, they did. 

So, back on current day, I wanted to see her in concert and tickets were sold out.

But what's really funny was I eventually found a single seat that was on sale. So I ended up buying one. 

Her poster for her concert, and that's Scotiabank Arena where I saw her.

And her show was fantastic! I cried during some of her songs, reflected on self-love (because back then, I felt like I care too much for others, and forgot about myself) and danced like I did not give a damn. 

Here, I'll share some of her songs she performed. But if you had not gone to an Olivia Dean concert, go! Even if you are a man and love her songs (I mean look at Jared McCain), or want a good time without the stress, a therapy session, or if you want to simply check her out. 

She is a fun time and I would love to go to her show again.

That's her on Centre Stage. Notice that this look similar to a lotus leaf. 








Comments

Popular Posts